Mr. Kilian Walsh

Urinary Tract Infections

Urinary tract infections are more common in females than in males but occur in both men and women.  Usually a GP will treat a urinary tract infection appropriately with antibiotics and check an MSU result at the time and do a urine dipstick. 

However, if a female suffers recurrent urinary tract infections or a male has one urinary tract infection we would usually advise investigation. 

Patients are usually evaluated with a cystoscopy or renal ultrasound and an appropriate management plan is put in place.

Information Leaflets